For those of you who have been following my blog for some time now, know that I have spoken quite a bit about my house and all the work I have been doing to it.
Since 2013 I have poured my blood, sweat and some tears into this house. Therapeutically speaking, this house saved my life. I’m not kidding. Channeling all of my energy into this home saved me from going off the deep-end. (I’ll spare you the details. If you’ve been following this blog for some time, then you know what I mean. Let’s just leave it at that. Mkay? )
2015 Was A Very Productive Year for My (little) House
(despite having lost my mother to metastatic cancer in April).
- I had new Anderson windows installed with 6 or 9 over 1 (6 muntins or 9 muntins over single pain glass — love that look).
- I had the original (old) siding removed and Certainteed Cedar Impressions installed. The color I went with is called: Flagstone
- I had the foundation painted to match the Cedar Impressions
- I had a new full-view storm doors installed
- I had the chimney rebuilt
- In as much as I hated to do it. I had to hire a company to treat my lawn because regardless of how much time I spent tending to my lawn, there were some areas that were…well….in a word: challenging. To that end, I broke down, called a company and they came out to assess my lawn and treat said areas. It took all summer but now my lawn is lush with no “moldy” patches. Who knew lawns could get moldy. Right?
- Landscaping: Despite having the lawn treated, the landscape design is all mine. The plantings were ‘planted‘ May of 2013. Take note of how they look now in 2015. Sweet,right? Everything grew and filled in quite nicely, if I say so myself (pat on back, pat on back) I still have more landscaping ‘tweaking‘ to do but it’s nothing major.
Let’s see…what else…
I spent a great deal of time cutting down trees and forsythia bushes behind my garage. It was quite an undertaking. I would have taken photos but that area of my backyard (behind the garage) still isn’t where I want it to be so until then, no photos. Sorry kids.
Anyway. Seeing as I’ve talked quite extensively throughout this blog about my house, I thought you might like to see some photos. I’ll even include a before photo so you have a point of reference.
So without further ado, here is my house! Taaadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Oh and I almost forgot. Some of these photos do not reflect the new storm door. I didn’t realize until after I posted them. The first photo has the new storm door but the other photos do not.
But look at my lawn! Look at it! Isn’t it dreamy. 😉
I’ll see if I can find additional photos… Please stay tuned…